The devil is in the detail as the saying goes! To get accurate quotes provide a detailed, accurate job description! Here are some pointers from the FMB:
To be confident that the quotes reflect the price you will end up paying, your tender documents should include:
• A concise brief that lays out the details of what you do and do not want.
• Plans or drawings suitable for Building Control purposes if needed.
• A full specification of the requirements of the project.
• A list of who will be expected to do what i.e. will you be project managing, hiring trades and ordering materials? Or do you want the builder to do this on your behalf?
• Details of planning permission requirements and/or restrictions.
• Anticipated timescales.
• Any site access issues you know about.
Tricky site conditions if known.
A final tip, be upfront about your budget. If the builder walks away, then it’s better that it happens before the work begins!
#quotes #tradesman #builders